Saturday, April 19, 2014

Ella's Visit, part 1

My cousin Ella came to visit for 2 weeks!  So we went all over the place.

We stayed in Gabs, and visited Manyana, Luis's village. This is us in front of the giant baobab.

 Zoomed in, so you can actually see us!

We saw some rock paintings. 

Ella got really excited about some of those.

 Finally we climbed Dr. Livingstone's tree with Luis.

Then we went to my village for most of a week. Ella went to class with me as I taught.

I taught her to do laundry by hand, and she taught me to fry eggs.

We also played with kids in my yard, led a PACT club, and went to a workshop in Letlhakeng.

Then we headed up to Serowe to hang out with Karla and some other volunteers. We went to the Rhino reserve and saw my favorite animal, giraffes. 

 We saw rhinos!! I have now seen all of the big five.

We also saw Ella's favorite animal, zebras.

Game drive, whee!

Then we headed to Kasane, where we did another game drive in the early morning. We saw giraffes, elephants, a buffalo, so many impala, a puku, 2 monitor lizards, baboons, a jackal, vultures, and a pack of monkeys that stole my muffin. Freaking attack monkeys!
Later we went on a cruise of the Chobe river, and saw lots of other animals including hippos and crocodiles.


 Then we headed to Zambia, which I'll put in another post so this isn't super long. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment