Saturday, October 10, 2026

Thankful Saturday, Music Edition

 It's been a fun week with a lot of music!

I'm grateful for:

1. I temporarily joined the church choir of the church 2 churches down from my home church, because they are singing Mozart's Coronation Mass in November. I miss singing big choral works like the Blacksburg Master Chorale does, and I've really enjoyed the first 2 rehearsals.

2. I found my high school chorus teacher! She goes to this close by church and sings in the choir. I literally haven't seen her in 25 years and hope to get coffee with her sometime soon.

3. My church had a fun bonfire last night at Butler's Orchard. We went on a hayride and made s'mores and had at least 50 people there. Fred brought his guitar and a bunch of us sang campfire songs for an hour or so. Singing around a campfire has to be one of my favorite things of all time.

4. I went to a picnic today with a blogger I love, Kristen from The Frugal Girl. One of her followers organizes this annual gathering and it's the second time I've been. It's kind of like meeting a celebrity, except that Kristen is so down to earth it's more like a gathering of a group of online friends. Super fun.

5. Mom had a good day yesterday- I went to see her for dinner and she had already eaten (huzzah). She was in a good mood and chatty, and somehow stuck on the idea that someone is moving to North Carolina. I finally managed to distract her by talking about the Brooklyn Dodgers in the 1955 World Series, and she could name 7/9 of the starting line up!

6. Ella and Charles came over for a game night tonight and we played trivia and ate pizza for several hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment