This has been a fun week, and I spent a lot of it outside, even with a nor'easter that came through over the weekend. I'm thankful for:
1. I got to hike before the storm on Friday. I went to Patuxent State Park, which is a lovely little park to hike 4 miles and change near a creek. It's very buggy in the summer, so its nicer in the fall/winter.
2. I went to Ren Faire again, this time for Celtic weekend! The rain held off until about 2:30, and then it was very swampy.
3. There's something wonderful about dancing in the rain. I had a full change of clothes packed for ren faire, so I didn't mind getting soaked.
4. I had fun looking for some ren faire garb on the spur of the moment last week. I wound up getting some things at Target of all places!
5. My church had an amazing rally for Christian Men and Christian Women's Fellowship (CWF/CMF), with 600+ people in our parking lot for worship and a singing competition. It was a little rainy and gusty, but everyone stayed mostly dry and was fed, and the day was wonderful.
6. I got to spend some time with my cousin Kate yesterday as she was helping her dad in northern Virginia.
No comments:
Post a Comment