Thursday, October 21, 2010

7 Quick Takes

7 quick takes: 
1. I think I need a tape-recorder for my brain.  I think of all of these good ideas for posts, and then I forget to actually write them.  Could someone please invent that for me? Thanks :) 
2. I survived my first round of mid-terms in Grad school, huzzah.  Of three tests, I did great on one and so-so on another, with another not returned.   For my 4th class, I actually have received no grades yet even though I’ve turned in two papers.  So really no idea how I’m doing in that class.  But I still really like my classes, so all is well. 
3. I need to get on the ball in finding a job.  I’ve sort of neglected that, but I really should try to obtain some income :P 
4.I have to pick classes for next semester soon, and so I’ve chosen a concentration (infectious diseases) and have an appointment with my recently assigned advisor.  Here’s hoping I can figure out what I’m doing soon.
5. Mom came and visited me two weeks ago and it was a lot of fun!  We talked and ate a lot, went to the Greek festival, and hung out a lot between me trying to study for midterms.  There will be some pictures of the Greek festival at some point. 
6.  Over fall break I went and visited my aunt and uncle and cousin and sweet dog in Columbia for a long weekend.  It was nice and relaxing and fun to welcome my cousin home after he just completed the entire pacific crest trail.  I’m sure impressed!
7. Last weekend I went to my friend Katherine’s house Friday night and Saturday we hiked for several hours in the North Georgia mountains, on the approach trail to Springer mountain and the Appalachian trail (which said cousin also hiked all the way through in 2001).  Pictures coming soon of this as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment