Friday, October 22, 2010

Conversation overheard in a restaurant

Sitting in a cafe-type restaurant on campus at lunch, I overheard snatches of a conversation behind me.

Girl: We think we might be going to Peru next spring because (couple that I don't remember names) is getting married there.  Except that she can't make-up her mind about it and has had several break-downs and blow-out fights about it with him and threatens to call it off and yeah... its not a great situation.

Guy: Are they from Peru?

Girl: She is, he's not.  We don't think this is the best idea for him (to marry her) but... what can you do?

Guy: Yeah, that's hard.

Girl:  We've already made up a schedule of whose house he'll go to when she kicks him out.  I'm first because I'll be the most sympathetic apparently.

Guy: Wow.... that's... not a good sign.

--------------
Maybe you had to be there, but I had to restrain from laughing at his statement, which might be the understatement of the year.  When your friends are already making contingency plans for your marriage -that hasn't taken place yet- to fall apart... that's not a good sign :P

No comments:

Post a Comment