Thursday, June 16, 2011

Sorry I haven't posted in a while

We were pretty busy with training last week and then I think I got malaria.  My lab results have been negative, but my symptoms are a textbook case.  So I've started some drugs and we'll see what happens.  My roommates are starting work tomorrow, and I hope I'm well enough to join them Monday.
And yes, I have been taking my malaria prophylaxis- that might be why my blood tests are negative.  It might also be why I'm still feeling okay some of the time, because my roommate tells me that malaria can be much much worse than what I've experienced (which is kind of a scary thought, because it felt like part of me were on fire last night until my fever broke).  I have good spells and bad spells.
But if I'm not on fire tomorrow, I'll try to catch up on some blogging.

2 comments:

  1. Mary, dear,

    Please be sure to rest and don't worry about your work. Your health is much more important. So sorry that you are sick so far from home. I know how that is. We are all keeping you in our hearts with love and strong thoughts against those pesky germs.

    Much love,

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carroll and I, and Davey and Julie, check your blog from time to time, and C talks with Jo Mamma a lot. Ellie cannot read ... at least yet.

    We all hope you can find out what this is, probably malaria, huh?, and shake that bug. And listen to your Aunt Lucy. She is in the been there done that category.

    C&D

    ReplyDelete