Thursday, November 15, 2012

I'm officially a Peace Corps Volunteer!

And now for a few random pictures while I still have free internet...
The sunset at my homestay

Mananeo, the mama of all the puppies in my compound.  She understands the Setswana for, I have no food!

And now for swearing in!  Me with the flags of the day before the ceremony.

Stephanie in her awesome Nelson Mandela skirt!

Our country director, the 4 guys in our training group, and the regional director of Peace Corps in Africa!

Tim (our CD) speaking during the ceremony.

Kristan and Liz speaking in English and Setswana during the ceremony.

Me and my host mom

Me and Tonic, one of my awesome language instructors.

Our group with the U.S. Ambassador to Botswana.  This was actually yesterday because she couldn't make it to our swearing in, but she took the time to meet us when we were in Gabs. (She's the one directly to the right of the PC sign in the background)

Tomorrow I go to my site, wheee!  Not sure how often I can access internet in the beginning, so if I'm quiet on here assume no news is good news :)

No comments:

Post a Comment