Friday, March 1, 2013

The good, the bad, the progress, and the completely random


The good:
- We had PACT club at the primary school, with students AND teachers!
- PACT at Lempu for the 2nd week in a row
- I’ve used my soccer ball to hang out with kids some- whee!
- I’m building relationships at the schools and clinic- slowly but surely
- Lempu wants me to talk to ALL of the girls at school – whoa/yikes, but yay for school initiative, and a platform to recruit for a girls club!
- I was able to pay rent, YAY! 
- I got a stove and gas tank from MOE, YAY!
 - Rain!

Works in Progress:
- The class schedule keeps rearranging at Lempu, so I keep missing one class I want to talk to.  Oh well, onto next week!
- Still looking for a place with electricity to show some HIV/AIDS films in the community
- Planning multiple workshops for teachers, and looking for people to work with me on them and clubs
- Not broiling.  It’s been freaking hot lately.  I've discovered that dunking my head in water and sitting in front of my fan is particularly effective.
- My attitude.  I don’t want to be a downer about everything, and I’m beginning to loosen up more and be less frustrated about stuff (of course, it really helps that things seemed to work this week!).

The bad:
- Ministry of Ed wants my entire group to to go a workshop in 2 weeks- oy.

The completely random:
- A truck came and dumped a load of sand in my yard at 3:45am one day this week.  Huh??
- Got complemented by one of the nurses that I have a nice pelvis.  She was like, you’ll have no trouble delivering babies!  Me: … Uh, good to know! o.O
- A bird flew in and out of my room and scared the bejesus out of me for about 30 seconds.
- Saw the Salajwe branch of the Botswana democratic party meeting under a tree near my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment