Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A month of adventures

It's been a pretty awesome 30 days or so. Since I last posted,
- It's stopped raining like Noah's ark
- I traveled in the southwest of Botswana
- I rode a camel
- I celebrated Christmas with several other volunteers, complete with a paper tree, homemade stockings, presents, and gingerbread cookie houses
- I went to Namibia!
- I frolicked and didn't die on sand dunes
- I went sand boarding!
- I hung out on a beach and saw seals
- I celebrated New Years in Swakupmund with friends
- I hung out on the side of the road when our bus broke down
- I watched my friend get married here in Botswana
- School has officially started again

I'll be posted more on some of these things in separate posts in the future, but it's been a great month! And now it's nice to get back into something of a routine at site with school back in session.

Oh yeah, and it's 2014! I get to come HOME this year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment