My summer had kind of a crazy end to it, and so I haven't posted regularly. I hope I can get back in the habit next week with less travel and more weekly activity stuff. So much to be thankful for!
1. I ninjaed down to Edisto on August 27th for an extended family member's funeral. It was wonderful to see so much extended family that I haven't seen in probably 10 years.
2. I'm thankful for Okie, my dad's cousin's wife who passed away. She was 89, kind of like an aunt to me, and a very sweet lady. She had an amazingly full life and she would have loved all of her family getting together to celebrate her life like we did.
3. Family laughter. There were 7 of us staying at Betty's and even though the occasion was sad, we still had a lot of time to hang out and get to know each other better and laugh.
4. A dog fix. There were 4 dogs at Betty's including the 1 year old lab puppy Indigo. He is hilariously excited, clumsy, still in shark phase, and the best dog ever. At one point 10-year old Maddy tried to hold him when we opened the front door and he half dragged her outside. I had to physically pick up his rear end and pull him back inside. We were both laughing so hard and I really wish someone had that on video.
5. A quick visit to see Meghan in Charleston
6. Friends and coworkers willing to step in and take over some things so I could go to SC. Babs came over and coordinated a furniture pickup, my girl scout co-leader started the year without me, and coworkers worked around my travel schedule to get some things done.
7. I went to Minneapolis for a week! My friends Sandy and Stephen have been inviting me to come visit so I finally did. We went to the Minnesota State Fair, hiked around a lake near their house, went to the Minnesota Renaissance Faire, and visited some local parks. We also caught up on life and played some board games.
8. I got to hang out with my friend Deb that just moved to Minneapolis. She's now my MN mom, and it was wonderful catching up with her. We went to the arboretum, 2 indie bookstores, and a near cupcake place.
9. A new phone... So I lost my phone, got a new one, and then someone turned in my old one at the arb where I dropped it. I desperately needed a new phone and I'm very happy I have a new one, and I'm also very glad someone turned my old one in (which I picked up a few days later) so I can transfer things and not worry about identity theft.
10. Minnesota State Fair!
11. Minnesota Ren Faire! This is the 4th Ren Faire I've been to, at least of the big ones.
12. I got to see the Mississippi river!
13. I got to have dinner with my cousins who were in town yesterday.
14. I went to a cool local festival with Babs today, Boonsboro historical days. Lots of food trucks, tons of handmade crafts, and we toured a local museum. We picked up a bunch of info on Boonsboro historical sites and now have lots of things to explore in the future. We also stopped by another indie bookstore that I've been wanting to check out in the downtown area.
15. Life gets back to normal a little next week. I have loved gallivanting the second half of my summer, even though I'm still so sad that the reason I can travel is because I no longer have Luna. That said, I've had lots of adventures the last 6 weeks and am looking forward to a little more routine for a bit. Girl Scouts, bells, church, maybe some regular board game nights.
16. It's almost fall! Fall is one of my favorite seasons- it's crisp, its cooler, its festival season, and its great for being outside.
No comments:
Post a Comment