Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Finally some pictures!

It takes sooo long to upload pictures at school, but I was finally able to get a few up today.  Here are some snippets from my Botswana life :)
 Cows at my host family's cattle post.
 Dancing at the cultural site!
 They made us dance too!
 Botswana chess.  I'll let you know when I figure out how it works.
 Yummy food.  Clockwise from the white stuff on top: Paleche, grilled chicken, cabbage, seshwa (pounded beef, in the middle), and a roll.
 Maudu, the adorable 1-year old in my house at her birthday party :D
 My host family: Me, Tswanama holding Maudu, and my mom.  My brother Thato wasn't there.
This was during a crazy thunderstorm we had a few days ago (actually the same night hurricane Sandy came ashore in the US).  This was at night, lit up by lightning.

2 comments:

  1. What is the paleche made of? I am wondering if it like nshima made from cornmeal.

    ReplyDelete