Saturday, May 11, 2013

Scenes from my porch

Usually when kids come over to my house, they either play with my soccer ball or color on my porch.  

So my porch often looks like this.  I like it when I have between two and four kids coloring.  Sometimes I'll try to talk with them or sketch as they color and jabber.  More than 5 is a little overwhelming.  Sometimes I've had my porch colonized by like 11 kids attempting to "share" 1 coloring book.  I don't know how to say in Setswana that sometimes the kids in my village have a mob mentality :P

But the other day about 6 girls showed up with long wool strings and played a fantastic jumping game. 

You can't hardly see the string/wool they are jumping over, but they jump and clip it with their feet and bring it down to a place they can get over it. So little kids can get over a 4 foot rope.

They almost always land on their feet, and they have amazing style and form while jumping.

The girls friends look like its no big deal that she's got a 2-foot aerial right there.

And sometimes I swear they can defy gravity. My village kids might actually be ninjas.

And this is KT, my neighbor's dog. He comes by when I'm cooking to get leftovers and scraps.  And I might have bought him dog food. I promise I'm not actually trying to kidnap my neighbors dog.  Just fatten him up a little bit. He's a sweetheart. 
So this also happens sometimes, even though I try to have a, 'no kids in the house and no dogs on the porch' rule =)


No comments:

Post a Comment