Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Kate and Karen's visit part 1

My friends Kate and Karen came to visit me back in June and July! Sorry it's taken me so long to post about it.
 We visited the national museum and saw rock paintings in my friend's village.


We hung out with a bunch of my PCV friends in Gabs for my burfday.

They also collected tons of letters for me from my friends and family back home, so I had something like 40 birthday cards to open on the actual day!

We got a nice hitch in the Chubuku truck out of my village. Like you do.

Then we started exploring Maun, Gweta, Kasane, Vic Falls, and Serowe.

Termite mounds give good views.

We saw lots of animals. I don't even know how many giraffes are in this picture.

And we saw the big five: elephants

Buffalo

Lions

There's a leopard in that tree!

And rhinos!

I feel like I've already posted a ton of animal pictures from previous trips, so I'll leave it at that :)
We also went to Vic Falls.

Ponchos were a must; the spray was so heavy on the Zim side they couldn't see anything!

Awesome friends on one last boat cruise.

Me and Aileen, my PCV sanity :)

Part 2 coming soon with salt pan and meercat pictures :)


No comments:

Post a Comment