Friday, September 26, 2014

PCV life scattered on my table

As I’m preparing for my last few classes and activities with my students and teachers, I’m chuckling at the contents strewn across the desk (okay, large table) in my house.

  • Colorful lists of emotionally healthy and emotionally unhealthy behaviors
  • Boggle and Bananagrams (for the English club that never really materialized)
  • Toilet paper
  • Hand drawn diagrams of the male and female reproductive systems
  • Corresponding labels for above diagrams
  • Several books of lifeskills lesson plans
  • Hand sanitizer
  • A hand made dice that has potential consequences of alcohol abuse (car accident, injury, late for work, etc.)
  • Name-tags for a mini camp
  • A fly swatter (bc holy moly the bugs lately!)
  • A stack of index card sized papers with sticky tack on the back that say things like doctor, nurse, weak, strong, etc, for a lesson on gender
  • Various pencils and markers
  • A hella lotta sunscreen
  • Condoms (male AND female) and a wooden penis
  • A loose ball of various colors of embroidery floss for bracelet making
  • Scissors, a pocket knife, and string (for making those name-tags)
  • Duct tape
  • In Her Shoes, an activity to talk about Gender Based Violence
  • Chalk
  • My external hard drive
  • Tennis balls that I need to label for a game  
  • Peanut butter and a spoon (cuz ya know, dinner)
  • A clean sock, bc I’m debating making a puppet
  • A water bottle
  • A screwdriver (my light switch plate decided to jump off the wall earlier for no reason)
  • Gin


You know you’re a PCV when… 

No comments:

Post a Comment