Friday, August 16, 2013

Ending term 2 with a talent show

At the end of term 2, I organized a talent show for the school. Basically, after the kids finish their exams, they sit around doing nothing for a few days while the teachers grade. So I had my quasi-functional PACT club sign up potential acts, and took over the big hall again like we did for the Youth Against AIDS assembly. I count this as lifeskills- they are developing self-esteem and acknowledging things they like and are good at ;)


We had dancers,

singers,

quite the audience,

a pretty funny skit

some of my PACT girls,

and -everyone- wanting their picture taken.


Literally 2 days later I moved across the village, so my house looked like this:
 These are the before pictures of the new place... a future post will have the settled in version.

I should have taken pictures of all of my things hanging out of the back of the pick-up during the actual move, but I was way too busy to think of such things (and Lord only knows where my camera actually WAS at that point). So you get one of my favorite pictures of KT.
KT- That’s my spot… but you are like three times my size… so I guess you can stand there.

Goat- Yep. –munch-munch-

No comments:

Post a Comment