Thursday, August 8, 2013

I still exist...

Hey blog world and friends!
I still exist. I realize its been over a month since I've posted, and I apologize. I don't like to disappear with no warning.
There's several reasons for the disappearance. One, June kind of sucked for me. A lot. I'll go into that more in another post, but I was just down in the dumps for pretty much the whole month. And I didn't really want to be posting angst-y whiny posts then, so I just kind of went silent. (Silent on the blog. I talked with good friends in both Bots and America and tried to take care of my mental health.)
Then my mom and friend Carol came, and we gallivanted all over Botswana- Gabs, my village, Maun, and Kasane. We also went to Victoria Falls in both Zambia and Zimbabwe, and then spent a week in Capetown.  THEN... I collapsed and was homesick for about 24 hours. Then six other PCVs and I ran a GLOW camp for 32 kids in our region! And then I really collapsed in a pile for a day or two. And then this week school has started again, so there's been lots of planning meetings and me trying to stick things on the ever mystical school schedule.
I'll post lots more about my travels and GLOW camp as well. This is a teaser, I promise the next post will be much sooner than a month and a half from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment